Friday, October 30, 2009

Update

Well as usuall I am definitely not the most punctual of bloggers. Yes, it has been nearly a year since I have updated this blog...slacker maybe, but a lot has happened in a year. For starters God began to real to me a greater desire for more of Him. Not being content with what I was doing and drawing me into a new era of serving Him in a much greater capacity. Back in April of this year I met with my pastor for breakfast and told him that God was leading me to full time ministry and I was awaiting a sign. I met with another friend at lunch and told him the very same thing. Well, careful what you wish for because when it lines up with what God has for you it will begin to unfold....I was laid off from my job working in clinical research later that day. Here is the great part, I didn't get mad, I didn't get upset, I actually felt relieved. I got on the phone and call my pastor and my friend and told them both and they both said..."Todd, I believe you got your sign!" I could not agree more. Well it has now been more than six months later and I am still not working. Drawing unemployment, praying, seeking God and I have been applying for jobs pretty much across the country as a youth pastor/college pastor. You what else...God has supplied not only what we need, but He has NEVER allowed us to need for anything in this time. That is what I call being a faithful God, but of course He always is! We have finished our paperwork for adoption with Bethany, Cherokee Nation and Chickasaw Nation. Been looked at by several birth parents, but it has not been His time yet for us to adopt. I guess that is good because we have had to use some of the money that we have saved for adoption to fix some things around the house as well. But, the way we see it is: it is God's money anyway and He just lets us use it, so we try not to worry about things like that. We know that when the time arises, He will provide exactly what we need just as He always does. I have had only a few churches that I really felt God was drawing us to and He has really began to open up doors for one in particular recently. I have had two interviews and I am potentially scheduled to go there sometime in the near future. Actually they would like for both us (Angie and I) to go up for a Thursday - Sunday time frame. That being of course, if God continues to open up the doors for that church. We are just waiting now because we know that He knows the exact time and place that we are going much like the baby that He has chosen for us from the very beginning. I am looking at this like an adventure just waiting on God to reveal which trail He wants us to journey down. I will try to keep this one up to date a little more frequently now. Thanks for listening all of you out there in the blogosphere!

No comments: